"Auto-close" sliding screen patio doors?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justineraymond

Reaction score
Anyone know of a door manufacturer who makes sliding screen patio doors that close automatically? 3 kids and a cat have wreaked havoc on my existing screen slider and I would love to replace with something that closes automatically so I don't need to screem "CLOSE THE DOOR!" every 5 seconds this summer. When I asked the associates at Home Depot and Lowes, they looked at me like I was nuts and had never heard of anything like that.

Justineraymond, welcome to House Repair Talk. I have not seen the closers you are talking about but I did Google auto closing screen door and found a ton of info. My wife has wanted something like this for years. We have the same problem with pets not closing the door behind them.

Olddog/newtrick, thanks for replying. I also saw a lot of info when Googling same, but it seemed like it was mostly a separate unit to be attached to an existing slider. I was hoping there was a company out there that makes an all-in-one unit. I guess I'll keep looking. Thanks! And good luck training those pets to close the door after themselves!

Back