Ball park estimate for brick wall repair

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l33tsauce

Reaction score
Newbie here... I am in the process of buying my first rental property. The house I am buying looks nice except it appears that a car hit a brick wall. The house was a foreclosure and I am guessing it is a car because of the height and the way that it looks pushed in. Presumably, the homeowners didn't have the money to deal with it and walked away.

Does anyone have a ballpark estimate of what something like this would cost to fix if I buy the house? I tried calling 4 masonry contractors but they are booked months out.

I am just curious if I am looking at $1000, $5000, $10000, $50000 etc. Just trying to make sure I am not a sucker in this purchase. :D

Thank you in advance

First welcome to the forum.

I’m not a contractor and prices could vary quite a bit given where you live and the availability of a person with the skills and willing to do small jobs. I might even call around for a fireplace guy.

There is going to need to be some jacking involved to get the window back in place and it looks like the corner also needs a little work.

If had to take a wild guess at price I would be guessing 2-4k.

Any interior damage from either the hit, or water intrusion after the hit ?

Try doing a search for "brick restoration" in your area. That would be the term for the guys that specifically do repairs. I wonder if you were calling outfits that more commonly do new construction. They might not be too interested in fixing an old wall.

Back