Big day on my basement project. I passed final inspection today after a few quick fixes that I texted photos of to the inspector.
1. install smoke detectors in all the bedrooms, not required by code when the house was built in 1999, but required now. The only retrofit I had to do to the house.
2. Install TR/WR outlets in my outside outlets. I had the right covers but just regular outlets. May I say I hate TR outlets.
3. Foam the bottom of the duct that my HVAC refrigerant lines use to go up the wall. I had foamed the top where it goes into the house, but not the bottom.
4. Seal up around the service entrance cable for my car charger outlet where it enters the house.
5. One that seems to be controversial on the inner webs, caulk around the base of my toilet. Quick trip to Lowe's and $100 and 30 minutes of work and I was done.
There are still things to be done but none that were required for inspection. I need to finish the stairs, install shoe molding on the LVP, and a few other pieces of finish trim work. But the Town of Cary is out of my hair. I got the reappraisal for property taxes in the mail last week. Yay! More taxes. But it is all official and no worries when we go to sell the house.
I had the same inspector for most of my inspections. He was a pretty good guy to deal with overall.