Bath Remodel

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started long before the tornado. Trying my best to stay out of the damaged area. I do have to go see some folks Saturday about a new roof not far from ground zero.

It looks great!
Glad you didn't get hit by the tornadoes.

The damage must be either real isolated, or the local Red Cross folks know their stuff.
Usually, on such an event, I'd be running to catch a plane to the disaster.

The damage must be either real isolated, or the local Red Cross folks know their stuff.
Usually, on such an event, I'd be running to catch a plane to the disaster.
The tornado path ranged from 50' wide to a quarter mile wide in areas. F4 at times. We have volunteers lining up to help.

It looks great! Did you add any sort of backers in the walls for future grab bar placement?
I'm working on planning grab bar locations for my mother's bathroom & found there are nicer options these days.

Well, Corona boredom has overtaken me and I started doing a light freshen up of our master bath. Previous owner thought in their infinite wisdom to wall paper the bath walls. I always hated it, but not enough to do something about it.
So, thank you Wuhan for inspiring me to get busy. Yesterday I stripped all the paper and cleaned the glue off. Patched the boo boo's in the drywall. Thank goodness the walls had been painted cause it really wasn't bad.
Today we went to Lowe's, practiced social distancing and picked up a new vanity top, paint and came home and did some final light sanding, then painted the trim. Tomorrow I'll start fitting the top.

I hope you'll take some pics, Oldog.
I've been playing Sims 4 since I'm not feeling great. Allergies are getting to me.

I would have suggested to pass a fish through the sink drain pipe before closing, also did you insulate? and install a vapour barrier?

Installed the counter top and painted the walls yesterday. Today I'll do a second coat on the walls. I didn't remove drywall, just paint, drains run good and easy access if it's needed in the future.

Back