Bathroom Installer

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbob

Reaction score
Hey all, just joined up

Looks like there is loads happening

JB

Welcome. I'd be interested in hearing about differences in building philosophy between Yanks and Brits. Do you use 2x4 and wallboard construction at all, or is it still brick / cast walls and plaster?

Welcome JimBob:
It is nice to have another Plumber on the Forum. Much of our plumbing history came from the UK (like Sir Thomas Crapper) and our orginization "Plumbing Heating, Cooling Contractors" uses an apprentice text book written by a former Britt.
My answers are based on the Kentucky Plumbing Code and will vary with other codes at times; its not a professional jelousy thing, its just the code I have lived with and taught to many others.
Glenn

It's all quarter per foot from here....downhill.:D

This will help those from the UK and other areas where us folks do not have the slightest idea of thier codes....or what do they use there?

Hello everyone. I am just joining. Would like some ideas on installing a jacuzzi tub.

Hello Matt:
Choose the Jacuzzi you want, get the spec. sheet and complete instructions from the dealer (They can copy it for you), read both throughly and check the piping and space you have to make sure it will fit. Even if you hire a professional plumber to do the job you will probably find him reading the instructions before the job is over.
Glenn

Latest posts

Back