Bathroom layout help

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoePikePark

Reaction score
My wife and I have been renovating an old student rental house, and now have come to the bathroom. This will be our first major reno on the house, and the prospect of doing some of the work ourselves is both exciting and scary. Our main concern with the bathroom is it's very small size, and the layout of the items in the room. We would like some advice on how to maximize our space, and are willing to move any fixture in the room. The bathroom is a square shaped with the shower insert to the left of
the entrance, and the vanity, and the toilet facing the doorway. To the right of the
entry there is a very small storage area leading from a small wooden door.
thanks in advance for any layout advice :)

Main.jpg

EntryandStorage.jpg

TubandInsert.jpg

Joe, welcome the HRT, since you didn't post any dimensions of the room I would suggest getting some graph paper and drawing to scale the outline of your room. Next take measurements of all the features you want in the room and see how they fit with the minimal amount of disruption to your existing service. Now is the time to plan for electric service, rerouting of plumbing and adding exhaust fan. Make sure before you start ripping that any improvements will not interfere with the structural integrity of you house. Also, check to see if a permit is required in your area for the proposed changes.

Welcome to HRT. oldog has some really nice input there. It's hard a bit hard to suggest because I am having a hard time to picture out the whole area of your bathroom. BTW, do you mean you have two different sink?

Back