Bathroom remodel

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean07

Reaction score
Hi All,

I want to do a bathroom remodel but I only have one bathroom (and due to the layout of my house it would be tough to find a place to put another bathroom besides in the basement). However, the bathroom remodel is pretty much a MUST because our bathroom is a train-wreck, the floor needs replacing (I think it's decaying), etc.

So, here are my questions:

1. Should i try to do the remodel in such a way that we can try to keep using the bathroom while I'm doing remodel? Is this even possible?

2. Should I try to install a new bathroom in my basement? Is it possible to install a new bathroom in a basement? (not sure if the waste water needs to flow down for it to all work out or what)

3. I guess I'm just looking for general recommendations. I might not do this remodel myself because it's for sure out of my league (but hey... only one way to learn, right?). Any thoughts/suggestions would be great. :)

Thanks,

-Dean

Hello! here in the UK, there are some companies which install whole bathrooms (i'm talking about bathroom cabinets taps, cisterns, the works!) It is best to have a carpenter check your basement first whether a bathroom installation is feasible or not.

Cool. Yeah, I know I could get somebody to install the whole bathroom. I need a 2nd bathroom anyway so I guess I'll just have to remodel my basement and install a bathroom down there BEFORE I tackle my main-floor bathroom remodel. :)

Latest posts

Back