Bathroom Scales

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shackdweller

Reaction score
I've recently had some new floor covering put onto my bathroom floor, along with some bracing for a section of floor board that was sagging.

It's really great having this improvement, but one appliance that needs some improvement is my bathrom scales, which have remained very dirty over the years despite my occasional attempts at cleaning them.

The cover, of the part of the scales that one steps on to weigh themselves, is held in place with a self sticking backing, and is not too thick, possibly 1/32 of an inch at the very most.

The scales are still in very good working order, just this unsightly problem, which I would hope could be corrected without having to buy a new set of scales.

I've noticed some repairs to my bathroom wall with self sticking wall paper, and I'd think something like that could be used, only I don't know exactly what to ask for when I go to Lowes, or Home Depot.

Are there any specialty self sticking scale covers made just for bathroom scales, or would just any self sticking wallpaper have to suffice?

I bought a roll of Peel and Stick, from Shur Tech Brands, LLC, and put it on the scales, and the surface looked like new.

Glad I didn't buy a whole new set of scales when the problem was so easily and inexpensively solved.

Peel and Stick is not as thick as the original surface that was on the scales, and that I totally removed before applying the
Peel and Stick, but, when the new surface becomes soiled, I might not even try to clean it, but just add another layer of Peel and Stick.

Glad I got that problem solved.

Boat shops also carry non-skid peal and stick, which is also waterproof. It costs about $2 a foot.

Lumber yards sell non slip that looks a lot like sand paper for exterior stairs. But the peel and stick with plastic on it will last for years.

Back