BBQ - How does your Region Define it?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what they say. Variety is the spice of life.

I'm fortunate to live by the two top BBQ joints in Texas, #1 Coopers in Llano & The Salt Lick in Driftwood which is my favorite. They actually sell their BBQ online, vacumm sealed packed in dry ice. The menu is limited tho, brisket or smoked turkey breast along with their rubs & sauces.

We did that at a pizza place I managed. No one ever bought them.

Not really. It was rare for the area as they served a traditional Chicago pie. They also did a number of things wrong towards the end there so their once robust mail order business fell flat.

Don't sacrifice quality. That's the last thing you need to do when pinching pennies.

It's finally cooled off in Texas so now the fun really starts. Standing at pit in 110 heat is bad. When it's 80 though it's a joy.

80 is a little slice of heaven. So nice out at 80.

80 is perfect jeeping weather.

Tell that to my buddy with the Jeep. I tried to get him to haul me around in it yesterday but he was to busy.

I miss my XJ.

I miss my jeep to. It has a dead battery sitting on my rv pad.

When is the last time you took it out?

That's been too long. I make Keith start his up when I'm over there. I want it ready for camping this fall.

I am going to charge the battery today, I may take it hunting this weekend.

I charged the battery and started it but ended up taking my truck instead, something about 19 degrees with no top, doors or heater that swayed me away.

It's getting cold down here now. 55 and raining.

I did a pulled pork over the weekend that was amazing. I know as a Texan I'm not allowed to say it, but pork is so much better than beef!

Back