Bench that folds up and pulls out

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeilG

Reaction score
I need to build a bench that is going under some cabinets, so it needs to pull up and out because the cabinets come down too far to work under. It needs to pull out about 18 inches. I'm thinking of using heavy duty drawer slides or table extension hardware. Has anyone done something like this? Any ideas? Thanks.
Neil

There is hardware out there for a pull out mixer shelf and some RVs have a counter extension that pulls out and up.

When you say "up and out", do you mean it is folding up from a vertical position and the you want it to extend more than the say 36" that it could be when just hanging?
There are lots of ways you could accomplish something like that, just depends on exactly what you are envisioning.

When you say "up and out", do you mean it is folding up from a vertical position and the you want it to extend more than the say 36" that it could be when just hanging?
There are lots of ways you could accomplish something like that, just depends on exactly what you are envisioning.

Yep, i know those hinge systems are available. I was just having a hard time understanding the need for something like that in the shop. Why hide the bench in a cabinet when you can just have it hang and then have open shelves underneath/ behind it?

It's frustrating when someone asks a question but doesn't participate in the discussion.

Back