Best product for concrete patio paint

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toddob

Reaction score
I have an existing concrete patio that the previous home owners painted with an acrylic concrete stain by behr. Parts of it was not painted with were under the hot tub which is now removed. A section of the patio was removed and replaced for some drainage work. That new concrete section is showing white spots from the curing process. So with all the various conditions I have what is the best product to use to recoat this patio and last for a long time.

Well if the Behr product looks like it is still in good shape, that's an indication of it's quality/durability. OTOH, if it looks crappy.......

Not sure if this is the right project for epoxy paint like one would use on a garage floor, but that's the first thing that came to mind.

Well if the Behr product looks like it is still in good shape, that's an indication of it's quality/durability. OTOH, if it looks crappy.......

Not sure if this is the right project for epoxy paint like one would use on a garage floor, but that's the first thing that came to mind.
I haven't been impressed with the DIY epoxy finishes for garage floors, but in this case without the hot tire issue it might work. I'd start with a good pressure wash and see how it looks when cleaned. I'd lean towards a concrete stain, might need to go darker than the existing to even it all out.

Back