best way to rip out floor

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm perfectly aware of when the last activity was.... I also havent been on this forum for almost that number of years.... but.... since they seemed excited and curious, I decided to answer the question.....

Pictures I for one want to see how it all turned out. after all your hard work it stimulates me to do my own projects.

Tuffy..... I've been slow to post some pics!

Attachments

• 20170425_144121.jpg
    20170425_144121.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20170423_190228.jpg
    20170423_190228.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 21
  • 20170425_190415.jpg
    20170425_190415.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1522192226385.jpg
    FB_IMG_1522192226385.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 9
That is a little less ideal repair for that cut joist. Just sayin.

20170423_190228-jpg.20311

I 100% agree! The house says and I'm trying to find non heroin using humans to give me an estimate for that and I wanted to have a new floor joist installed also. Wouldn't care to do it myself if I had someone who could walk me through it while under the house with me.

It should have been done while it was open, now I think the best would be to put a chunk of thick plywood on the ground and prop up both cut ends with 2x4s

The real fix would have been to double the joist on either side of it and the a double joist header between them to hang the cut ends from
images

There is electricity that runs under there... you can see the two lines on the left. That's why I didnt do it while it was open..... and at the time.... I didnt have the cash to pay someone to come and do it. Long story short.... I had to fix it in a hurry for legal reasons.

I am assuming those have been that way since the house was built. It was a foreclosure and the bathroom hadn't been used as a bathroom till last year. It just had plywood over it and was used as storage

There is electricity that runs under there... you can see the two lines on the left. That's why I didnt do it while it was open..... and at the time.... I didnt have the cash to pay someone to come and do it. Long story short.... I had to fix it in a hurry for legal reasons.

I am assuming those have been that way since the house was built. It was a foreclosure and the bathroom hadn't been used as a bathroom till last year. It just had plywood over it and was used as storage
The wiring below will make it harder to work on from below. I would stand a simple prop under the ends and it should be good for another twenty years. But I wouldn't trust it as is. You don't know what troubles others have had when it was a bathroom before.

Latest posts

Back