Blower Fan INOP

Help Support House Repair Talk:

waynezo

Reaction score
I have a Goodman package unit GPC1436H41 6 years old Blower Motor won't start. Had power shortage, but unit was turned off at the thermostat. When I turned it on compressor and condenser fan came on but no fan with thermostat on "auto" or "on". Run capacitor is 1 year old and looks pristine. Blower wheel turns freely. What else can I check for diagnosis. Any advice will be appreciated.

billshack

Reaction score
check control 24 volt circuit , juice in to transformer , juice out, and fuse.

waynezo

Reaction score
I am getting 29 volts on the low voltage Transformer. I don't see a fuse. I found a loose ground wire reconnected it and blower ran for 3 hours then it cut out again. RPM looked slow. Contactor starts compressor and condensor fan. Could it be the blower motor itself is bad?

waynezo

Reaction score
I just tried it and the blower came on. airflow from the vent feels normal. When I had the cover off I thought the rpms were slow but I really don't know what they are supposed to be. The problem is intermittent, does that provide any clue? As for the capacitor I don't know how to test with voltmeter. I replaced it a year ago (the top was swollen and nothing would run) the new one still looks pristine and when the blower motor is inop it doesn't hum or start with a little push.

waynezo

Reaction score
ACwiring 202011232021.jpgI don't see a capacitor on the unit or the wiring diagram. The diagram shows "start assist factory equipped when required" I don't see that either. Diagram attached. On note #2 it says move the leads fron 2,3 to 4,5 to change speed. Should I try that?