Blows cold for 1 min

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirwesleyb

Reaction score
History: I noticed my ac unit was frozen up super bad. The copper was all frozen around the unit. I had only moved in a month ago and had not yet changed the filter. I changed the filter and the old filter looked like an old rug it was extremely bad. I let the unit thaw out for a day.

So now when i turn my ac on it only blows cold air for about 60 seconds and then stops blowing anything all together. I can tell it is starting to freeze up in the short time that it runs...i think. The fan still works when i have the system set to off and turn the fan to on. But why does it only blow cold for about 60 seconds when I initially turn it on? It stops pulling air all together. I stuck my hand where the filter is and nothing is pulling. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Sounds like the system is low on freon and the low pressure switch is shutting down the system. You'll need to have the freon level checked.

Back