Board and Batten DIY install questions

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corbino

Reaction score
Hey all, I’m wondering if I’ll be fine with installing mdf board wall paneling with only construction grade adhesive (gorilla glue) without having to use brad nails… reason being is because I have a fire sprinkler installed (see top of image) on the walls and the FD advised those pipes aren’t to deep and can potentially be punctured… worried about puncturing any lines and prefer to use glue only..

Attachments

• 99485A3D-A32D-402B-BC91-6B3A68C9188F.jpeg
    99485A3D-A32D-402B-BC91-6B3A68C9188F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
So no nails should do the trick? I’ve seen videos of board and batten jobs done without brad nails but wanted more opinions
yes it will work, buy more than you think you will need

Are you doing full paneling or just adding batten strips to existing surface to simulate board and batten (or wainscoting panels)?

Are you doing full paneling or just adding batten strips to existing surface to simulate board and batten (or wainscoting panels)?
I am adding mdf panel strips (Cut to size of course) to the existing wall, using some construction adhesive

I am adding mdf panel strips (Cut to size of course) to the existing wall, using some construction adhesive
I've considered doing that very thing. There's some neat designs out there that interest me but I've been a couple of years building a kitchen island (due to lack of motivation).

Back