Quantcast

Boiler System Design

Help Support House Repair Talk:

corbins

Reaction score
My house has an old hot water boiler heating system that was installed in the mid 70's. It has 3 zones with finned tubed baseboard heat. We may be selling the house in a few years and don't want the heat system to be an issue, however, I'm not having any issues. Does any of the supply houses do a recommend design so I know what components to purchase. I'm planning on installing it myself. I'd prefer a supply house in the mid west/Denver area so shipping is not costly.

bud16415

Fixer Upper
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If you are having no problems with the system what do you want to update? The whole system just to give it a newer look or just the baseboard units.

If it were mine and working well I wouldn’t change it just to improve a future sale unless there was some problems.

Sparky617

Reaction score
If you haven't had the system serviced regularly, now would be a good time to start. There could be any number of things wrong with the system. Annual inspections by a professional are your best bet for avoiding problems. Issues that could pop up on a 40-50 year old system would be a failing heat exchanger, or the burner being dirty and producing too much CO. I'm sure there are others, but I've never lived with a boiler and hot water based heating. All of my homes have had forced air with AC. I had a heat pump in my first house, and the last three homes have had natural gas forced air systems.

Latest posts