Boxes Too Good to Toss

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys with the bee traps do you go outside of town and release the bees? My method only moves them to the woods behind the garage where there is all kind of wood for them to eat. :rolleyes:

Carpenter bees are just carpenters not wood eaters.

Carpenter bees are just carpenters not wood eaters.
That explains all the saw dust on top of my tractor. I haven't seen one after I sprayed the oil. Time to get out the liquid nails and fill the holes again.

I am going to build some carpenter bee boxes (for me, my son and a friend) from my accumulation (hoarding) of wood scraps. My plan is to assemble the box sides and top before drilling holes. That will make it easier to support and hold while drilling the 45° holes. It's probably too late for any benefit this year but will hang them and be ready for spring. Maybe a fake hole to masquerade as a cute little birdhouse.

I meant bringing boxes back to the store to use to carry your groceries home in in lieu of having to consume more bags. Not to leave for the store to dispose of.

Latest posts

Back