Broan Micromate

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick West

Reaction score
Currently, I have a Broan Micromate that I would like to replace with a zephyr that was purchased on Craigslist.

I can't find anything on the web about the micromate. It has a motor encased in the top cabinet, but I'm not sure if it is vented or self ventilated.

Does anyone have experience replacing these with a modern Range hood?
If so, could you let me know what the process was? Any information up front would help tons!

Attachments

• IMG_20180312_091825248.jpg
    IMG_20180312_091825248.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 20
Can you feel any air volume around the top grill, with it operating?

What's in the cabinet above?

Hasn't worked for years. Wheel in motor has been busted and circuit board shot. I guess that the next step would be to go to the attic and look for venting from the roof to the vicinity of the kitchen and stove.

In cabinet above is motor with two screen filters on adjacent sides. Motor is enclosed in a steel box which is which I believe is part of the micromate. What is behind there, I have no idea.

Actually, it's probably visible in the cabinet above and may appear as a 3-1/2" X 10" rectangle near the rear of the cabinet.

Thanks.
Is the wall behind an exterior wall?
An alternative would be to attempt to disassemble the cover in the upper cabinet.

That's a good idea. Ill do that and have a better idea of what im dealing with.

A telltale sign for a recirc. system, but not definite, are filters on the bottom.

It's hard to tell which configuration was selected.

Your replacement is pretty straight forward and is vented.

Back