burnham pv8h3 or Peeress wbv4

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUZZNICK

Reaction score
Please let me know in your experoence which is a better boiler
Pro/Cons if any.
Hot water tankless coil
for oil

Not quite sure which one to go with , it's all so very confusing.Another question for Buners Carlin or Beckett?

Dont know the answer to your question ether but others will be checking in and should offer advice.

Nothing except for what you sent so far...
With what you know so far, what's your choice?

If you need more info and interpretation of that info, what info and interpretation would that be?

I just have that feeling that I will learn a lot in this thread. :D

Last edited:
I am leaning towards the Peerless for I know a few people that have them and they have not had any trouble with them. As for the burner I think I am going with a beckett burner for that's the type of burner I have now on my Well Mclain. It really is a tough decision. My old boiler lasted 30
years . I am going to keep digging and researching the Peerless any thoughts...

My old boiler lasted 30
years .
With things being designed by computer nowadays the new stuff will probably last one month past warranty. Human designers are less certain of themselves so they put in a lot of safety factors.

My furnace is from '82 but I have kept it going because I don't want new, computer-controlled hardware because I will not be able to repair it.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q="beckett+burner"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
From $500 to $4600 for a Beckett, a 9:1 ratio. . .good Gawd!

Last edited:
I wish my old boiler still worked 30 years no problems. I am really disapointed that more people have not chimed in with their opinions, thank you for your replys. On the burnham pv8h3 or Peeress wbv4
and also the Carlin or Beckett burner.

If you do a wider search you may find rankings of these products by the number of stars. In this ordinal ranking system 3 stars are not 3/2 better than 2 stars, they are just better, but
# of stars x # of people giving the stars
does give a numerical idea of the better choice.

Sounds like you need to search with at least four search terms, plus combinations, with or without quotes. And search
"class action" v. [name of product or company]

Last edited:
Search on Google for every combination of
burnham
Peerless
Carlin
Beckett

with the word
problem

If you get too many hits then narrow your search using

"burnham pv8h3"
"Peerless wbv4"
Carlin
Beckett

with the word
problem

or just
pv8h3
wbv4
Carlin
Beckett

with the word
problem

The Advanced Search option allows you to connect the words with OR or AND or NOT.
\/

Advanced Search
Find pages with...
all these words:
this exact word or phrase:
any of these words:
none of these words:
numbers ranging from: to

It's many searches. Something useful has to fall out of all this.

Last edited:
I hope you find something useful, either what to buy or what not to buy.

Back