Can I not do a pocket joint with this Kreg?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To those mentioning strength of the wood frame, wouldn’t gluing that glass all around basically make it really strong and one “unit”?
it would... wood moves especially in a bathrooms because of heat and moisture. So as long as your ok with the "seams" or corners opening up it would be fine. I have a couple mirrors where the frame is just stuck to the mirror directly with no other attachment. Basically sicks of wood glued to the mirror in a shape.

The mirror frame should have had rabbits cut into the back to set the mirror into. Could still be done with a router and then the assembly would act as one unit.

@dborns Will the mirror be hung with long dimension vertical or horizontal?

That's what I was thinking mabloodhound. On the one I'm making I was thinking of having rabbits for the frame on all of the trim pieces and a piece of plywood that it all attaches to the back, some of that rope putty for screens along the very edges for expansion/contraction of wood (not anywhere that would be visible) and silicone to hold corners to plywood.

From the OPs description I think the glass extends to the frame edge top and bottom. Here's an idea that could support the glass by merely extending the bottom board ¼ to the rear. I would use a thinner board and round the front edge for a better appearance or one could box the whole frame if desired.

Screenshot 2021-04-02 2.11.18 PM.png

I guess we lost the OP? That seems to happen often on these threads so we never know if the problem was solved. Whatever the solution is it may help others and does interest those of us who attempt to help.

Yeah. I think going off topic might have done it, but maybe OP just lost interest.

Back