Can this floor be salvaged?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striderllc

Reaction score
Hello!

I hope everyone on this forum is doing well. I just found this forum and wanted to connect because I am trying to figure out what is going on with my wood floor. I recently noticed many of the nails in the wood floor are developing a black stain. Based on the discussion, I think my issue might be the same as Indy Ryan but I can't open his pictures to verify. I've attached a few photos hoping someone could confirm. I'm concerned that if I don't do anything, the stain continues to spread even more and starts to develop around other nails. I'd appreciate if someone could provide some ideas to remedy my issue. All the best!

Attachments

• Bathroom Stain.jpg
    Bathroom Stain.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Foyer Stain.jpg
    Foyer Stain.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Hallway Stain.jpg
    Hallway Stain.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 7
Looks like signs of water damage.

I have seen a flooring guy replace the top 1/8 of the floor boards like that and make all that look like new. he just routered out one board at the time

An excellent way to repair it on the video, it is unfortunate that I did not know this 3 years ago. In my basement, there were problems with waterproofing the floor, it looked a little worse than yours and I had to change half of all the boards on the floor. Now I understand that a point replacement was enough.

Latest posts

Back