Can you glue lay loose vinyl floor planks?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I filled in the floor gaps and I've installed the floor as loose lay right now to see what happens. Here's a photo of the room almost complete. Note, toe kicks aren't installed, only placed there.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Repair1490962728.433179.jpg

I didn't take the time to square off the room, just started in one corner because the room itself wasn't square (it was off by 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch) but it worked out alright for this application. Even though this was new subfloor, it still was not 100% level and required a little work.

Overall the floor appears to be doing ok, but have not had a good hot full of sunshine day as of yet. Considering installing a stand alone ductless HVAC mini system (like Pioneer) on the wall with the TV to assist with temperature control. I will update this tread as needed.

Update. After more than a year with this product I’m extremely impressed. No real shrinkage and seems to be doing well.

I had some left over for an install in the small kitchen in a seasonal cabin. There I actually used my nail gun to put very small nails in each corner to hold it in place. Worked well and they can’t be seen. Again, very impressed with this particular product.

Back