Canadian Holidays.

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say "Ya'll"?

So, when ya'll want to refer to another group of people, do you say "they'all"?

Nestor, Nestor, Nestor... if nothing else I'll teach you to talk southern redneck, hillbilly. Its never they'all, its m'ere (as in them there) used in a sentence, Bobby Sue, m'ere sume mighty fiiine biscuts you made up with em hog jowl and greens tonite, darlin.

When refering to anyone else its always ya'll or even y'all, but never they'all.

Mmmmmmmhhhhhhmmmmmmmm...yesir.......mmmhhhhhhhhmmmmmm

Oh, I get it.

Like:

"Me and Billy Bob drove down to the lake to catch us some m'ere catfish. We got us enough for four pies. And, Billy Bob pulled up an Evinrude."

Last edited:
Bobby Sue is a lady. Sue being the signifier. Y'all is used for a lot, but, if you're going to use it for another group, it's usually made in to a them. For instance. Is that there catfish. You think they'll see me steal them? Y'all want me too? That'll teach em.

I'm part of the sophisticated Redneck movement. We speak intelligibly with the exception of Y'all and ain't. I love those to words to much.

I think "y'all" and "ain't" are unofficially part of the English language.

After all, they both have a recognized spelling and a well defined meaning, and that's really what's most important in legitimacy as a recognized part of the English language.

Both are kinda like the word "gator". Everyone knows what the word means, but everyone also recognizes it to be a short form for the proper word "alligator". It's he same with "y'all" and "ain't". Prolly all these words will eventually get into the dictionary along with :), lol, stfu and wtf?.

I think "y'all" and "ain't" are unofficially part of the English language.

After all, they both have a recognized spelling and a well defined meaning, and that's really what's most important in legitimacy as a recognized part of the English language.

Both are kinda like the word "gator". Everyone knows what the word means, but everyone also recognizes it to be a short form for the proper word "alligator". It's he same with "y'all" and "ain't". Prolly all these words will eventually get into the dictionary along with :), lol, stfu and wtf?.
Y'all and ain't are real words. My spell check thins so. LOL stfu wft these will be more difficult to legitimize. I'm all for it though. Having new scrabble words is great.

Latest posts

Back