Cannot hang prints!

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janellelk

Reaction score
Okay, you guys have been so so awesome with your help and feedback. Thank you! Sorry I keep running to this forum for all of my woes!

So.. I'm trying to hang up a print and a clock in our living room. The walls and everything are very very old. I can't hang anything up because the wall is drywall and then brick! My SO already tried drilling and pounding a nail in. We just hear crumbling and it won't hold..

Anyway, we've also tried that heavy duty wall sticker stuff and it did not work! It was so shoddy.

We haven't tried running a wire from the ceiling..? But I think that would just look like crap.

What else can we use or try?

Thanks!

Hey, we figured out a solution thanks to you guys!

Apparently a big reason why my boyfriend didn't want to do the concrete anchor or whatnot was because he didn't think the apartment company would appreciate us drilling into the brick. Alas, we did do that and all is well.

So, thanks! Our living room is totally finished!

I had the same problem in my house. Just remember not to try and force the hammer drill into the wall, just let it work mostly by itself. I tried to force it and the whole thing started smoking and shortly after saying goodnight.

Oh man! Ouch.

Back