Cantilever - Modification?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WishIKnew

Reaction score
I have an all brick house that my wife and I bought last year. I say all brick, but there is one spot in the back of the home where a bay window was added that is cantilevered siding. To me it looks rather out of place, and I wonder why (other than money) the builder did it that way years ago.

My question is if there is anything I can do to this thing to not have siding? I don't think I can get it bricked in because it lacks foundation for the brick...I guess Foundation can be poured? I don't know - that is part of the question.

There is that stone stuff you can stick on there like tile or something.

Either way, I would like the cantilever to go away in general. I was under the home the other day doing some plumbing and noticed moisture under the thing and in general it looks like a bad idea.

The siding was probably "what they did" then. A General Contractor would answer your questions- a poured footing and foundation, new brick, or just chop off the cantilever, and prices.
The ground under the cantilever is outside.?. Is the moisture you saw from your plumbing leaking? Was the moisture on the crawlspace dirt from a critter? Be safe, GBR

Latest posts

Back