cars with worst resale value

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't surprise me. I always buy used unless like in the case of my dually I got new for cheaper than used.

I'm dumb. I've always purchased new, but trying to rethink this. I am just afraid that the previous owner is just trying to dump their lemon.

Not in CA, its just everyone trying to keep up with the Jones.

In 50 years of auto ownership, I've bought exactly 1 new car, I'll let someone else take the big depreciation hit.

In 50 years of auto ownership, I've bought exactly 1 new car, I'll let someone else take the big depreciation hit.

I bought a new pickup in 1978 and traded it in on a new car in 1980. Both Dodges and both lemons. Only reason I traded the Dodge pickup for a Dodge car is that Ford and Chevy dealers did not want the pickup as a trade in. The warranty on both was awful. I got less than 50,000 miles out of the car and they would not fix it. They had coated the inside of the fuel tank with a substance to prevent rust, but it dissolved in the gas. It ruined all fuel lines, fuel pump, carb and then the engine. There was no warranty on it.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't a single good car made in 1978?

I had a 78 Plymouth Volare station wagon, bought it from my former brother in law...only thing holding it together was the paint. What a turd it was.

That slant six ran forever, but the rest of the vehicles were crap.

Slant six was old technology in 78.

That's why it worked and was good. 1978 technology sucked.

Back