Caulking between frameless shower door and wall/tub

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaka

Reaction score
I have a frameless shower door held by two wall hinges. I was going to recaulk the tub, but was wondering if there was a trick to caulking between the door and wall (the current caulk is getting pulled out each time the door is opened).

I'm just afraid water is getting by and running down the wall side of the tub.

my setup is similar to this:

http://www.aneilve.com/14836-design...-decor-small-bathroom-ideas-with-tub-designs/

Many thanks for any help.. .(I'm hoping the answer isn't removing the door to caulk)...

There would be little opportunity for water to find its way to that end of the door unless the shower head way pointed at the faucet wall.

There are self-adhesive vinyl weather strip material which can be attached to the tile above, below and between the hinges.

So, where in the video is the hinge side of the door panel addressed?

There is a gasket. But water was still getting between the gasket and the wall at the very bottom. I ended up pulling the old caulk out (that was getting pulled when I opened and closed the door) and replacing with a thinner Brad that didn't get pulled.

Back