celling fan remote

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david542

Reaction score
I am trying to hook up hunter universal fan and light remote control model # 21784. When I hooked it up the way it shows nothing works. I put all the black to gather and the white and get on the motor to work but not the lights I have only one switch that the power comes from. I been trying to work on this for 2days and had no luck yet. Any help would be greatly apprecated.

Did you wire in power to the lights (usually a red wire)?
Did the fan & lights previously come on at the same time when you flipped the switch?

I have the Red wire hooked to blue wire thats says lights. No, I just put replaced an old fan with a new one.

I remember having issues with a Hunter Fan remote wiring diagram. Just don't remember the exact issue. Where did you purchase your remote? I tried to look up #21874 and #27184 but could not find anything. I found a #27183. Anyway, need a little more info to help much I am afraid. What wires do you have and what did they tell you to do?

Latest posts

Back