Changes to waterfall-adding plants

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avz10

Reaction score
I have added an extra step in my waterfall during December and it actually looks very nice. I need some ideas to build some "containers" on that "step", out of the way of the strong flow to plant some plants. Perhaps even against the top part of the wall. It will need to have a hole in the bottom for water to flow through.

Any ideas? Perhaps print, draw and scan.

What plants can I use? (waterfall faces south). Does one need to put soil in or just some gravel?

On the 'step' I thought to build two "walls" on both sides of the stream to form two containers. I will take the container with the plant away.
IMG_0936copy.jpg

Waterfall switched off to check my water level as my pond is leaking (another post)
IMG_0981-1.jpg

This is what I thought:
scan0002.jpg

This is what I really like:
DSC00877copy.jpg

Any ideas would be appreciated, please think of the pipes as well

An underwater or outdoor spot light might also look nice and help solve your problem too. I know we used to always find creative ways of placing lighting in to our water features.

An underwater or outdoor spot light might also look nice and help solve your problem too. I know we used to always find creative ways of placing lighting in to our water features.

I think that this is a great idea. I've also seen people with these kinds of fountains that just added a few lights to it and you won't believe what a big difference it made! Specially during the night

I don't have any ideas, but that is one nice setup. Do you keep any fish in that pond? Does your climate where you live require you to take it down at all throughout the year? You really should locate a forum made for ponds, they will have 101 different ideas, methods and opinions on what you "should and "can" do.

Back