Changing the exterior of house

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amuchan

Reaction score
Ok. If I want my house (the brown one) to look like the other house (the light one), about how much will it cost?

IS-1y1hrd83e0py5.jpg

house.jpg

I don't think anyone here will venter a guess, with out knowing the full scope of the work or the labour and material cost in your area. For me I would say expensive.

The cost of this job will be multiple $100Ks. This is far from a face lift. A lot of your house would need to be torn apart and rebuilt. I would suggest moving. You would be lucky if you got 1/2 the money you spent on this renovation back in equity.

Well, my 2 cts. Put some stain on the brick, install some stone veneer on the inset by the front door and duplicate the color patterns of the other house. Contact a couple painting contractors and get estimates...I would suggest to not paint the brick though. Like I said, just my:2cents:

In my opinion, the original looks "richer" - the look of a historic mansion. The lighter color looks more modern, much like the many such modern homes cropping up in suburbs all over - less character, a copy of many homes (but I wouldn't hesitate to trade for my 60's clone ranch home :) ). That is just me though.

Back