Choosing between 1- and 2-oven range

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilyaz

Reaction score
We're remodeling our kitchen and need to decide on what electric range we want. We're down two two models:
1. GE Profile? 30" Free-Standing Double Oven Range | PB975SPSS | GE Appliances
2. GE Profile? 30" Free-Standing Electric Range | PB910SPSS | GE Appliances

The 1st one has two oven, the bottom one with convection. The 2nd one has one convection oven and a warming drawer.

My wife likes the idea of a small oven for pizza etc. At the same time, we have a small kitchen so we don't have much space to store all the oven trays, baking trays etc. Which means that they will either got stored in the warming drawer if we get #2 or in the main oven if we get #1. She does not like storing trays in the main oven, so she's going back and forth and can't decide.

It seems to me like 6 of one verus half a dozen of the other. Can you provide any suggestions/feedback etc to tip the scales one way or the other?

Thanks,

It seems to me that a stove with two ovens is intended for people that cook and bake so much that they NEED to have two ovens going at once. That contrasts with 99.9 % of the population that never need to have two ovens going at the same time.

I'd go with the single oven range.

It seems to me that a stove with two ovens is intended for people that cook and bake so much that they NEED to have two ovens going at once. That contrasts with 99.9 % of the population that never need to have two ovens going at the same time.

I'd go with the single oven range.

I tend to slightly disagree with this. You don't have to cook a ton to get plenty of use out of a double oven. My mother-in-law has one, and any time we go to eat with her she has both going. One may be cooking the main course, while the other can be used to either quickly broil bread, or throw in some veggies when the meat is halfway done, etc.

For example, we love cooking ribs at my house. That will use up one oven for 4 hours at 350 degrees. If we also wanted to bake some sweet potato fries with it, or cook some asparagus, we would either have to wait until the ribs were done, or try in the microwave.

We will definitely be getting a dual oven in our next house.

I'd go with Dual Oven. You'll never know that you need it. Who knows that in the future, you might get interest on baking some cupcakes or cookies? :)

If you go with the double oven first make sure your wiring is up to it. It could pull 60A [14 kw @ 240v].

"
Amp Rating at 208V 40 xx this should be 45A
Amp Rating at 240V 40 xx I think this is a misprint, in their favor
KW Rating at 208V 10.7
KW Rating at 240V 14.3
"

The GE marketing guys should buy themselves a calculator. . .:)

Last edited:
Back