Cleaning an Outdoor Glass Table Top

Help Support House Repair Talk:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm looking for preventive ideas to keep an outdoor glass table clean, or make it easier to clean.

I thought about trying a layer of shaving cream like you do when you're demisting a mirror, but I don't know if that will help.

Suggestions?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
None?

I'm going to try some things and see how they work.

dthornton

inspector gadget
Reaction score
Clean it well first (don't use anything abrasive), then like rockhound suggested - give it a coat of car wax (I personally prefer Mother's or Meguair's carnauba wax). Believe it or not, original style Pledge does well - you just need to spray and wipe with Pledge about once a week. The nice thing about Pledge is that it is self-stripping. It doesn't build up.

kok328

Reaction score
I was going to suggest car was but, then remembered Rain-X. Not sure if it will work, I don't think anything really keeps an outdoor horizontal surface clean.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have some RainX I could try first.

JessicaHard

Reaction score
I have heard about some spray polishes (for cars) but still they can be applyed!

HighRoller

Reaction score
Try using a table umbrella... nothing will really keep it clean minus a paper towel and windex.

woodchuck

Reaction score
I have two on my wooden pool deck under a nice shade tree. I tilt both tables on their side when not being used. Quick and easy to set upright. They stay clean as a whistle.

Latest posts