Cleaning an Outdoor Glass Table Top

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Admin

Reaction score
I'm looking for preventive ideas to keep an outdoor glass table clean, or make it easier to clean.

I thought about trying a layer of shaving cream like you do when you're demisting a mirror, but I don't know if that will help.

Suggestions?

None?

I'm going to try some things and see how they work.

Clean it well first (don't use anything abrasive), then like rockhound suggested - give it a coat of car wax (I personally prefer Mother's or Meguair's carnauba wax). Believe it or not, original style Pledge does well - you just need to spray and wipe with Pledge about once a week. The nice thing about Pledge is that it is self-stripping. It doesn't build up.

I was going to suggest car was but, then remembered Rain-X. Not sure if it will work, I don't think anything really keeps an outdoor horizontal surface clean.

I have some RainX I could try first.

I have heard about some spray polishes (for cars) but still they can be applyed!

Try using a table umbrella... nothing will really keep it clean minus a paper towel and windex.

I have two on my wooden pool deck under a nice shade tree. I tilt both tables on their side when not being used. Quick and easy to set upright. They stay clean as a whistle.

Back