cold cellar issue

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabagoo

Reaction score
I have lived in my current house for 30 years and bought it new. It came with quite a large cold cellar ( 8' x 20') One issue we have had with the cold cellar is that it stunk...Find out after watching a holmes on holmes that all the wood framing I have in there should have been removed before the house was lived in. So I have been slowly removing all the 2 x 4's and the 4 x 8 plywood sheets and taking them to the dump. Smells better now but just cosmetically I see where the concrete walls meet the celiing in some areas has gaps in it and wondered what I could use to seal the gap where wall meets ceiling? Gaps about 1/2" in some places.

Thank you

Post pictures.

You could glue on vinyl trim or something else waterproof like that.

Or fill the crack with minimal expanding foam, shave it flat once hardened, and paint over it if it needs to be pretty.

Sika and Quickcrete make masonary caulks that are applied with a caulking gun and are user friendly applications. Available at most big box and hardware stores.

Thanks for the suggestions. What about using pre mixed concrete and jamming it into the gaps?

Back