Concrete Driveway

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldognewtrick

In memory of
Reaction score
On my concrete driveway and apron I am starting to get some cracking. Is there any way to repair the cracks that will be permanent. I know the cracks won't go away but I really don't want to use a black asphalt caulk.

Any help will be appreciated

There are epoxies and such for fixing some issues. The problem is why did it happen?

Take some pictures down to your local concrete supply house and show them what you have. They sometimes work miracles. They have for me.
Good luck.

just a wag but i'll bet there are insufficient control/contraction jnts in the conc,,, chase w/3/8" diamond tuckpoint blade on 4" grinder to 3/4" depth, install 1/2" closed-cell backer rod, & seal w/100% silicone caulk,,, 'tool' the silicone to maximize sidewall adhesion & leave sealant 1/4" below d/w surface,,, as always, CLEANLINESS is required for longevity :) epoxies won't usually work unless you provide full-depth jnts at this stage of the d/w's life.

you can also use sika which comes in various colors.

sounds like a financial interest to me,,, didn't your posts get toss'd on another forum ? ? ? lo-rent action at the least :eek:

Back