Concrete Flooring???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reckon china is doing something to the shoe soles to make us wear out our floors faster?

That way, they can sell us more flooring... it's all comes from china anyway right? clueless.gif

Just Lumber Liquidators

Er, I mean, since that lawsuit,

L & L Industries

I hadn't heard that Lumber Liquidators got the britches sued off of them...

I've wondered if wood or concrete would make any difference with our Chinese shoe soles.
We've always taken our shoes off as soon as we get inside. Every house and apartment we've lived in has had a little area by the door with a rug, a chair, and a shoe rack. I know not everyone does this, maybe most people don't. I wonder what the proportion is.

Anyway, yeah if you wear shoes in the house then that changes the cement floor calculation.

My brother's wife was Japanese and they did that. Her daughter carried on the tradition with one important exception, the daughter didn't keep her floor clean.

I just keep my shoes on and bring the outside dirt with me... gives my wife something to do besides laying in bed watching TV all day. . yes-sir.gif

Hope this thread isn't too old. I'll add that you'd definitely need to treat it with some coating or it'll stain. Concrete is very absorbent. Go to any store with a bare concrete floor and pour some water on it. Wait a bit then mop it up. You'll see it's less wet than you'd think it should be and there will be a dark spot from the water soaking in. It'll work on you driveway too, but is more impressive on a finely finished interior floor.

The smoothness of a floor intended to be bare concrete is achieved when it's poured. There's really no way to make cured concrete super smooth. Most exterior concrete is intentionally roughened (broom finish) to make it less slick.

Bridge decks are often sealed with Methacrylate (some specialized epoxy). It's poured on and squeegeed around. It's incredibly slick though, so has to have a sand spread on it before it cures. It seems like the more durable and pretty coatings are, the slicker they are.

Back