Concrete Patio - Flooring Suggestions

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surfside

Reaction score
I recently bought a home with some fixer-upper items - nothing major. One of the items is the front porch. It is a concrete slab poured onto a cinder block foundation that has been back-filled. Below the patio surface, the cinder block is still exposed on the front (view from the front and sides), so it looks unfinished. The concrete slab has been brushed, so as to provide a slip-free surface, therefore it is not completely smooth. There is no "lip" at the edge of the slab, which might help, so that I could just put stone on the the face of the cinder blocks and leave the concrete slab exposed.

Having described all of that, I am trying to get some advice from people who have done this before. Can anyone provide some suggestions for what they think would be a good finishing solution for either the porch floor and/or the cinder block face. Maybe there is a link or two that you could provide that might have some examples. I have searched Google for some ideas, but I am hitting a cinder block wall.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions that you can offer!

Latest posts

Back