Condensate drain question

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phatboy

Reaction score
Is there any reason why I should not plumb my drain for my a/c unit into the drain for a bathroom sink that will be no more than a few feet away. I would much prefer this over running another set of PVC outside, only to have a very soggy portion of lawn right out of my back door.

We live in louisiana, and it gets hot here, and very humid. A/C units here can fill up a couple 5 gallon buckets a day. Why couldnt all that go into the septic system instead of my lawn?:confused:

Good point Logan:
Yes, you can put the condensate drain into the sink drain; It would be best to tap it in before the sink's P-trap. You could use a tailpiece that is designed for the kitchen sink with a dishwasher stub on the side of it. Then some clear plastic hose would do a fine job for you.
Glenn

Awsome! That is what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

Im glad you dont charge for all this great info, cause I owe you one.

Hey Logan and Kim:
Glad to be of help, my friends. Now that I am on disability I get to help people all the time and am happy to do so. Any time we can help.....
Glenn

I was wondering how you were online so much. I feel ya on the disability thing. Even as young as my wife and I are. She is 60%, and I was just notified by the VA that im going to be some???:confused: percentage also.:D I would say its free money, but Id rather not have the money, and not be hurt, than have the money and have bad knees.

I am really happy Glenn needed another hobby. With my full time stuff, 2 boys and a new home to keep wife happy....ahhhhhhhhhgh.

Just kiddin, I think Glenn is doin a great job answering every ones questions....so good we leave him alone sometimes.;)

We just love helping folks like youself out... The only payment needed is in stories told and questions asked.:D

Latest posts

Back