Connecting natural gas lines

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once hired a contractor, certified in gas lines, to run a black pipe gas line in my attic to a second fireplace I built. Once he left, I saw the flame was barely there, so I crawled up in the attic and saw he failed to thread one gas pipe at all. It was cross threaded at a 45 degree connection, with no coupling, and you could shove a pencil into the opening, leaking gas into my attic for about a month. I had to go up there and fix all of his work myself, and stopped his final payment and explained with all the pictures of his shoddy work, I begged him to take me to court. He never did.

:agree:Even tho i cant legally do my own gas lines. I do them on the weekends so i know there done right and the way i want them done.

Last edited:
I'm going to be installing my own gas lines for my new natural gas fireplace insert since the fire dept. destroyed my flue oh well i was going to do this any way.im going to use the yellow flex line probably 25-50 feet of it and some black iron fittings. Shut off valve. And some more stuff I'm sure. :usa:

I live in canada. and have a gas licence. You should not do any gas plumbing work , if something went wrong you could be held liable both financially and criminality .

Exactly what I was told. It is not that I cannot, it is that I should not, or risk legal issues.

Back