Cooking in the Garage

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik_B

Reaction score
Does anybody here cook in their garage? Wondering what kind of ventilation you have in there?? And what your set-up is like?

I bake the stuff that I powdercoat. I have a 27 1/2" range that someone gave me. I open the door set a couple box fans around the range blowing out the door.

I have an electronic grill setup on my garage for our weekend drinking sessions once in a while... :D I can also unplug it easily and put it in the garden. :)

I'm currently looking into installing a outdoor kitchen for the summers. Before that though if it got cold I had a few Coleman burners for deep frying out in the garage. What model electric grill do you have frozenstar?

same here i use coleman grill, i'll be putting a microwave soon for those fightnights with the boys, it's fast for a feast of Nachos...:0)

I also keep my motorbike clothing in the garage/ kitchen, guess what this also stinks, I pulled up at the traffic lights on my bike the other day and could smell curry, I was looked to see if the smell was coming from a restaurant, but then realised it was me, it was wafting up from my jacket and scarf, I carried on down to B&Q to buy a drill bit, stood there in a long queue, there were lots of people making that sniffing noise as if to say I can smell that but its not me, every one was shuffling around rather uneasily hoping the person behind them was not thinking it was them, i have to say at that point I could of broke wind then they really would have the full benefit.

Good ventilation removes stale cooking odors and thin layers of cooking grease that will coat everything. Ventilation will help keep your kitchen clean and sanitary.

We have a microwave in the garage, which does not really require any ventilation. The smell of popcorn is great to me!

I have a microwave in the garage also. I use it to warm up leftovers for the dogs and I keep some gut bomb burritos and hot pockets in there for when I am working and don't want to stop and eat. or when I come home from work at 3 in the morning and I am hungry.

Never thought of bringing our Microwave to the garage. Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Every time I read this thread, I cringe thinking about someone using a charcoal grill in a garage without sufficient ventilation. Just remember that carbon monoxide can and will kill!

OK, I feel better!

Back