corner windows need help..

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmille

Reaction score
I've attached a picture of the windows... if these were your windows and they meet on the corner like this on the 2 front sides of your house what would you do? I thought shutters would really dress it up... but I'm not sure if the shutters being so close might look weird.. looking for advice..!

windows.jpg

First off welcome to House Repair Talk, now personally, I think landscaping would be my choice to add some interest to that corner.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. :) I agree with landscaping.. this is a house we put an offer in on... we got a counter offer and are planning on accepting.. I'll show more of the house when we get everything squared away.. (feel weird until I can call it for sure 'mine').. but these windows are really bothering me.. and they're one of the things that have really kept me from 'falling in love' with the house..

what about shutters? Do you think you could (or would) put them on a house with corner windows like this?..

I don't think there's enough room for shutters. I agree with the landscaping idea, but if this is a bedroom (or is it a living room?) make sure there is enough room between the bushes and the house so that the window can still function as an escape route in a fire. I would draw it out on paper with some nice bushes and I think you'll feel better about it.

How about a tall skinny tree/bush of some sort planted between the windows. I agree there doesn't look like enough room for shutters & they would look like they are one shutter & not define the corner.... make sense ?
Good Luck

Back