cost of door repair

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stan64572

Reaction score
what would some of you handymen consider resonable labor cost to remove and replace about eight inches of lower part of water damaged door jamb.

Depends on what else is decayed below the jamb. You may not have anything to attach to, and have more issues hidden.
But if you are looking for a #, around here $500 just to get to the job, order material, pick it up, set up, cover overhead and insurance.
Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply inspector D. as I stated earlier,I am new to this handyman.I asked this question because I just finished my first jamb replacement, which I did by removing about a foot of old jamb and making up new jamb and door stop,filling in the line where it joined with wood filler sanding then painting and replaced outside brick mold with new. can not see where new jamb meets old. total cost of materials around $20.00 I charged $100.00 for total labor and material, and got the feeling that might have been too much,but I am now finding out that was a real bargain.

Back