Costco toilet paper and septic systems

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swimmer_spe

Reaction score
I'll be moving to a house that is on a septic system. I have been told that the Kirkland brand toilet paper will be bad for it. I live in Canada. What should I be looking for on the packaging? to know that it is safe for my septic system?

And who in the world told you that?
Just keep those so called disposable wipes in a can, paper towels, cig. butts out of there and you'll be fine.

And who in the world told you that?
Just keep those so called disposable wipes in a can, paper towels, cig. butts out of there and you'll be fine.

I have heard they don't break down and they clog plumbing because of that.

There is, of course, the outhouse with a water tank above and a siphon hose for the bidet.

If that was true it would be all over every DIY site.
I've been using it for well over 10 years and never once had a clog, depict the fact everyone says I'm full off sh**.

If that was true it would be all over every DIY site.
I've been using it for well over 10 years and never once had a clog, depict the fact everyone says I'm full off sh**.

Then, Costco toilet paper will be continued to be used.

I use Kirkland to on a spetic system 5+ years no problems. Had the tank pumped last year, no issues mentioned.

listen, you can use what ever type of toilet paper you want.
you can NOT flush down any of the following.
Condoms , paper towel, female products, dental floes, large quantities of bleach, back wash from a salt machine, discharge from a garburator.
Kleenex,
Also you must have your tank pumped out every 2-4 years depending on your municipality.

Last edited:
listen, you can use what ever type of toilet paper you want.
you can NOT flush down any of the following.
Condoms , paper towel, female products, dental floes, large quantities of bleach, back wash from a salt machine, discharge from a garburator.
Kleenex,
Also you must have your tank pumped out every 2-4 years depending on your municipality.

I already don't flush those now. We have been told to pump it out every 2 years.

Back