Cracked Foundation, Sinking Walkway

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the laundry room is under the porch, and the storage room is partially under the garage. It looks like there's a bit of separation from the floor of the porch and the side of the house. I did notice that there is a long crack in the wall of the storage room on the inside wall that is shared with my neighbor but there's not been any water draining in.

I could take a pretty good guess at what caused the crack at the top but I can't make it explain the cracking at the bottom of the brick.

Actually the laundry room is under the porch, and the storage room is partially under the garage. It looks like there's a bit of separation from the floor of the porch and the side of the house. I did notice that there is a long crack in the wall of the storage room on the inside wall that is shared with my neighbor but there's not been any water draining in.

I think you do need some one to look at it.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply.

I do see one feature that engineers try to stay away from. There is a beam under the front wall of the bedroom and it lands on the post and over the door.
Part of the settling that we see is crush factor. We see that when a heavy load is landing in a small area. I am wondering if the brick layer got up to close to the beam and when things settled the weight might transfer to the bricks.
The bricks over the door are held up by an angle iron that runs from side to side and sits on the brick right where that upper crack is.
Just something you could ask an engineer to look at.:confused:

Back