Creepy noises, worsening drywall cracks

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To me, it sounds like a loose piece of gutter, or fascia, or soffit. I doubt the sound is related to the cracks in the drywall. I'd check for loosetrim on the outside if it were me.

And Shan, don't be such a stranger here.
I think the walk around inspection has been done. So the noise is interesting. The crack in the ceiling in the area of the valley on the roof.
It could be truss lift but not sure it has trusses.

Ok... I'm at work on break, but... I paid attention to the cycling of my heatpump and I believe that weird sound is from that. I have never noticed it before. I'm going to ask them to come out and inspect it though because I just paid $3400 last April I believe to have all the ductwork replaced.
Yes, a piece of soffit is rotten and falling off, that's what I was saying I was going to put plastic over.
Old dog, I don't plan on being a stranger... long story short, I neglected my house for a fella the last 7ish years.... dumb move... you learn better you do better.... but now I have lots of work to catch up on and I will have to do the majority of the repairs myself.
I'd like some direction on what to do first if you all don't mind.... I'd like to make a list of things and you guys help me prioritize what has to happen and in what order.

Also, for this current problem... I'll put a few pics together and redo the blueprint of the house as to where the cracks are....
Thank you guys a bunch!

Latest posts

Back