Cross posting from another forum - PVC beadboard wall planks?

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat2014

Reaction score
Time to put up the walls - I am using PVC beadboard wainscoting planks. The instructions say to use construction adhesive (the kind that says it works on pvc) AND to nail it.

That seems like overkill. And the price of a nail gun will definitely blow my project budget.

Has anyone ever installed something like this? Do I really have to glue AND nail, or will glue be okay by itself?

The nails are to hold it flat and tight while the glue sets. If you just glue it you will have it pop away in spots and then when the glue cures you will be stuck with it as it is.

Can tape be used to pull it tight to the wall so the glue will set properly?
Also, some of the big box stores let you rent things like nail guns I think.

OK, I'll nail it...although the size nail the manufacturer instructions said to use is not working - off to look for something else.
No local stores rent nail guns - yes I already checked.

I forgot about the Covid thing. They probably are not renting equipment because of that. And many prices have tripled.

I hope you can find something that works. Might need to drive some finishing nails in and use a nail punch to sink it so you can putty over the nail before painting.

Back