Danby Brand Dehumidifier / Auto Timer ???

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorPlan

Reaction score
:help: Just bought a Dehumidifier , Danby Model #DDR45B1GP... Problems trying to set the Auto Timer Function.. Following the Prompts in the Manual the digital selection goes from 0.0 to 24 , I assume is based on a 24 hr clock ?? Tried setting it and when the desired Time came , it went without the Unit turning On..

On the Control Panel , after pressing the Auto Timer Button, next is the On / Off selection, Danby uses the Hour Glass symbols.. Oddly for On the hour glass is Full on the Bottom & for Off the hour glass is Full on the Top...lol...

Help and Ideas Appreciated.. Cheers Thanks

Have you checked the humidity setting, it may not think it needs to turn on.

:hide: Yep, Have Dehumidifier setup in the Basement with Humidity Setting at 45'... The Unit is one of those newer models with the Auto On/Off Timer Function.. I'm obviously missing the boat somewhere as per following prompts in the Operating Manual .. So far it's a No Go..lol.. Under the Assumption the Timer operates on a 24 hr clock, On Time being 19:00 hrs / Off Time being 7:00am.. Had to Manually turn the Unit On as it didn't recognize the Setting..:mad:.. In Keeping with the Off Peak Hours for Hydro One.. Have had the Unit for a couple days now and I'd say somewhere around 4:00am'sh it Shuts Off because the Reservoir is Full..

Back