I bought my 85 yr old bungalow in Decatur, Ga 3 yrs ago. Most of the house was rewired a few years before we bought it. Yesterday I was vacuuming the dining room. I jerked on the extension cord & snapped the splice in the cord. It sparked at the splice and the outlet went dead. ... But no switch on the circuit breaker board flipped. No scorching on the outlet. Every other outlet & fixture in the dining room and whole house works fine. Yet the wires to the outlet are dead. Could the wires in the wall have been melted? Or what?