Dent In Door

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasman

Reaction score
Got this new door installed and some guys moving stuff for me nailed it and put a crack. What is best for making it flush again and some what strong. I know it wont look brand new but something better than it is. Thanks for any help its appreciated.

Door (1).jpg

Door (2).jpg

Door (3).jpg

Door (4).jpg

It might take a little digging but you should be able to buy a new skin for the door. I might be just as fast and maybe just as cheap to replace the door.

I was trying to avoid replacing the door thought maybe a simple fix. Thanks for the advice looks like im heading to Lowes tomorrow. Thanks again.

A whole new flat panel door slab is about $20.00. A whole new prehung with the trim is about $50.00.

It was actually a prehung door and trim then a couple days after i put it in that happened. Just bought the new door today gonna put it on tomorrow.

I think I once successfully used tape and drywall compound on a brand new hollow core door that I dropped onto a pointed thing. That door wasn't even a half hour old. :( It got away from me somehow.

Back