Disappointed

House Repair Talk

Help Support House Repair Talk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudball

Reaction score
Well we got all the under slab drains in place up to the outside edge of the house. I will run the rest of it out to the septic later. I hired a guy to help with the plumbing that use to be a plumber. I didnt like the way he was gluing the joints together. I did help where I felt I could. We filled 4" vent pipe with water Sunday and after work today I drained water so I could lift pipe and found where slow drip was in three different places:( These were not the places I thought I would have problems with. Like the one place where we used a 2 1/2" long pipe between two others and I thought it should have been at least 3 1/2 to 4" long. This guy only charged me 100.00 for material list and to put system together. I guess I got what I paid for. Actually his knowledge was great it was craftsmanship that was not so good.
My question is should I be concerned about the other joints being on the verge of leaking ? Or if they are not leaking now then will they be ok later ?
Im seriously considering taking the complete system out and doing it over again myself since I know how to do it. Any thoughts:confused:

I have decided to replace all the fitting myself. At least I know how it all goes together now.

Very aggrevating when you hire someone to do a job and you end up redoing it yourself.

Makes a man want to smack something (someone).

Yes Square Eye. I did feel that way at first but I know I will be much more satisfied doing the job myself anyway.

Can we post pictures or links to our pictures of our projects on here or do we have to put them in our "Gallery" ?

You can click on the insert image icon, looks like mountains on a postcard, to link to off-site photo storage.

OR attach a pic by going advanced.
Add an attachment directly from your computer by clicking on the paper clip.

OR..

Submit a link by clicking on the Earth with chainlinks icon.

We like pictures!!

That sounds great. I like to use Photo Bucket. I just didnt know if it was alright to attach a link for a picture with a direct Post Reply or if pictures had to be in our Gallery. I will take some I hope this coming weekend.
Thanks

Back